From today’s Gospel Project Lesson: God loves people, and He had a plan to rescue them from their sins. God sent Jesus. Jesus was born to be God’s promised Savior. The birth of Jesus was good news! Jesus was not an ordinary baby. He was God’s Son, sent to earth from heaven.
We celebrate Jesus’ birth because Jesus came into the world to save people from their sins and to be their King. He lived the perfect life that we fail to live, and He died the death we deserve for our sin. When we trust in Jesus, God forgives our sin and gives us eternal life.
"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only son into the world that we might live through him." 1 John 4:9
Jesus Was Born | Luke 2:1-20
Questions for family discussion
1. To what city did Mary and Joseph travel? (Luke 2:4)
2. Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem because Joseph was a descendant of which king? (Luke 2:4)
3. What did Mary wrap baby Jesus in (Luke 2:7)
4. To whom did the angel of the Lord appear? (Luke 2:8-9)
5. How did the shepherds feel when they saw the angel? (Luke 2:9)
6. What type of news did the angel tell the shepherds? (Luke 2:10)
7. Where did the angel say the shepherds could find baby Jesus? (Luke 2:12)
8. What does the name Jesus mean? (Matthew 1:21)
9. Why was Jesus born?
December 24: Christmas Eve Services: 10:00, 4:00 and 5:30. All services are identical and family friendly. No nursery or Kids Rock.
February 2-3: 2018 Twin Lakes Elementary Winter Retreat Camp (Registration Forms available in Kids Rock hallway)