Isn’t it awesome to think that today in heaven Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. Although Jesus left earth and returned to his Father in heaven, he did not leave us alone. He left the Holy Spirit to be with us and to help us fulfill the Great Commission. Again, our students are learning just how loving our heavenly Father is to us. As the KIDS Rock ½ sheet reminded us “One day, Jesus will return to make all things new and to rule as Lord over all. As we wait for His return, we can do the work He has given us, and the Holy Spirit will give us power.”
"What I received I passed on to you as of first importance; that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures." 1 Cor. 15:3-4
Younger Kids Version
"He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures." 1 Cor 15: 4
Jesus Ascended to Heaven | Acts 1: 4-14
Questions for family discussion
1. Where did Jesus tell His disciples to wait? (Acts 1:4)
2. John baptized people with what? (Acts 1:5)
3. Jesus said the disciples would be baptized with whom? (Acts 1:5)
4. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would give the disciples what? (Acts 1:8)
5. What did Jesus say the disciples would do? (Acts 1:8)
6. What took Jesus out of the disciples sight? (Acts 1:9)
7. How will Jesus come again? (Acts 1:11)
8. What did the disciples do back in Jerusalem? (Acts 1: 12-14)
Guide your kids as you discuss the following questions
1. Where is Jesus right now?
2. What is He doing?
3. What should we do while we wait for Jesus to return?
November 12: Fish Food Pantry Drive
November 12: Last day to drop off Operation Christmas Child boxes
November 12 and November 19: Kids Rock Book Table